Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Atheists' Famous Last Words

M.F. Rich:
"Terrible horrors hang over my soul! I have given my immortality for gold; and its weight sinks me into a hopeless, helpless Hell!"

Thomas Paine:
"I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. O Lord, help me! Lord JESUS CHRIST help me! . . No, don't leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one."

Sir Thomas Scott:
"Until this moment, I thought there was neither God nor hell; now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty!"

Sir Francis Newport, the head of an English infidel club: 
"You need not tell me there is no God for I know there is one, and that I am in His presence! You need not tell me there is no hell. I feel myself already slipping. Wretches, cease your idle talk about there being hope for me! I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell!"

The last words of the atheist Mirabeau:
"My sufferings are intolerable; I have within me a hundred years of life but not a moment's courage. Give me more laudanum that I may not think of eternity."

Gibbon, the historian, a skeptic: 
"The present is a fleeting moment, the past is no more, and my prospect of futurity is dark and doubtful."

Caesar Borgia:
"While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die."

Thomas Hobbs:
 "I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark with no redeemer to save me!"

Voltaire: 
"I have swallowed smoke. I have allowed my head to be turned by the incense of lies. I am abandoned by God and man; I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months' life." (He said this to Dr. Fochin, who told him it could not be done.) "Then I shall die and go to hell!"

Robert Ingersoll: 
"Oh God, whom I have spent a life time denying.... Save my soul, from hell!


Severus / Roman Emperor: 
I have been everything and everything is nothing!


Thomas Carlyle: 
I am as good as without hope. A sad old man gazing into the final chasm alone.

Aldamont the skeptic: 
My principles have poisoned me, my friends...my extravagance has beggared my boy, my unkindness has murdered my wife, and yet there is still HELL awaiting me ahead in the darkness...


Ghandi: 
15 years before his death said..."I must tell you Hinduism satisfies my Soul. I find solace in the Bhagavad and the Upanishads. Just before his death he said..."My days are numbered. For the first time in the 50 years of my life I fear that I may have been wrong. All around me is darkness. I am praying for light...

Sir Thomas Scott / Chancellor of England: 
Until this very moment I thought there was no GOD, and no Hell. Now, I know for certain that there are both and I am doomed by Divine Justice to an Eternal Hell.


Edward Gibbon / Famous Author:
All is dark. All is in doubt.


Mazarin / French Cardinal: 
I have lived, as I should not have, and now what is to become of my poor befouled soul?


Sir Francis Newport / Skeptic: 
I know I am lost forever. Oh the firs of HELL burn hot and I can already feel their flames licking about me. Oh, the insufferable pangs of HELL....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a pity for these lost souls
God help man kind

Anonymous said...

I find this so sad and so many millions of lost souls still. If only they would read some of theswe and search for our Lord and Savior Jesus.

Gabriel said...

Christian have it right! Look at the world and all the evil in it. JESUS CHRIST came into the world not to condemn it but to save it.

You say there are errors in the BIBLE but how do you know that? Show me... I am a Christian theologian I would love to see these inconsistencies of which you are speaking. Don't listen to what other people say! Open the BIBLE and read it for yourself. ASK Almighty GOD to prove to you the Divinity of JESUS CHRIST and HE will. I know because I was once a skeptic myself, but after much research and learning, seeking and asking, I have the truth.

JESUS CHRIST is LORD!

Anonymous said...

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
- John 14:23

Anonymous said...

I would rather live my life as if there is a God who loves me and wants the best for me, die and discover it has been a lie than to live my life as if God didn't exist then die and discover that God is real...and I have wasted my life and have fallen into the hands of a living God... How long will humanity deny the truth of the living Triune God of Heaven?

Anonymous said...

People who deny God are ignorant of reality.
Reality is evidence there is good there is evil.
And universal laws of good and evil coincide with the Bible story.
They are without foundation. They are not even a footnote in history.
To deny God in a world that worships God is evidence of a serious mental deficiency.